Thursday, November 16, 2006

I Can't Explain...

...Why I am reading so damn much.

Could be no job.. But my reading list and library account is out of control. I guess it is my tax dollars at work.


...Why I am actually riding.

I got some quality time on the bike this week in between rain showers/downpours. Feels good to get out and get the legs moving regardless of the weather. Now if I can just get on the trainer when it all goes really bad.


...Why He's Dressed Like That.

Tonight I actually sat down and watched the "The Who- Live at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970" compliments of the Sno-Isle Regional Library System. I was looking for something completely different but this caught my eye and have heard quite a bit about it being a historical performance so I grabbed it.
I have to say it was pretty amazing. The Who was the last band to go on in front of ~600,000 people at 2am in the morning. This is an awesome DVD. Even if you are not a Who fan you can watch it and appreciate the music like a classic novel. It pre-dates the choreography and pyrotechnics that can be used to mask shitty music. A couple points:

1) In the interview included on the DVD, Pete Townshend starts off pissing and moaning on how he felt trapped in The Who. They stagnated his growth, reminisced about partying all the time, and he was trapped. He continues on about how simple the other band members were and on and on. About halfway through he then talks about how they were great musicians and had this incredible connection which made the experience amazing...? Which is it, you bitter old man? The interview could have been done as late as 2004. They were just in Seattle in Oct. 2006 and from what I heard, he didn't look half bad jumping around the stage... "For the Love of Money..."

2) Check out the suit John Entwistle was rocking on the DVD. He looks like he just got back from the Kobra Kahn Dojo Halloween party.


1 comment:

ja said...

impressive, riding in November...